Sunday, November 7, 2010

Update: My Foray into Networking

Feel the need to update on the "networking" post a couple days ago!
Holy Shit Balls, Batman - how much fun was that?
Holy Confidence Booster, Batman - I mean really. I have lived here for 8 yrs + and have had a DEVIL of a time finding "real" people. I still use quotes b/c even tho these people had blood coursing though their veins and stuff, that is not the "real" I mean.

I mean the "real" that is when you can say your kids are insane and they aren't all - oh, my. "Real" like, the real reason they wanted to go was to get out and have a damn drink w/ some other adults. "Real" like you can hold a conversation and laugh and smile and have fun, not be all foo-foo and shoo-shoo and not know how to reciprocate the convo, or only talk about your dog like it's a human b/c you have no kids so s/he is it. [Those people can suck it. Not the not having kids part, the acting like your animal is a human part. When you have to wipe it's ass, have it suck the life out of you through your nipples, have it barf on you, then cuddle it til the cycle repeats, then we can talk.]

It was freeing - to meet full time or wanna be full time or kinda sorta all the time bloggers who are mommies and live life. They have the same addictions as me - my smarter than me phone, the internet, bad tv, booze, lack of sleep.

What I learned:
It's OK to be me.
It's OK to hide at the same time.
It's awesome to have new people to talk to.
Twitter is the shit.
I am not a baffoon - unless it's on purpose. (how can baffoon not be on spell check?)
I AM NOT ALONE. Nor are my friends in my small circle, who we seem to be all ea other's got. scary.
Cold sake is yummy.
Laughter is truly the best medicine.
Who you think you know is usually not the case.
I'm pretty and dammit people like me. Just kidding, had to throw that in.

I have gone to these (mostly ladies) blogs and read what I talked to. WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN?!?!?! I love them. They make me laugh, they make me feel less stranded and more like I'm doing OK after all in the whole parent category.

I DID give out some cards and talked w/ some ladies about my products, but the best part was it wasn't all about that. It was about fun and meeting people and eating sushi and having fun. Oh wait, I said Fun twice. Well, you get the point.

Oh, and... I was totally overdressed...

2 comments:

  1. I like my internet friends way more than my real life ones. It's the best feeling to know that there is a whole network out there full of people who are as weird as I am. It's so... relieving.

    AND- you were NOT overdressed. You looked hot.

    ps
    People who treat their dogs like children can suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twitter people are just the nicest people around. They get networking and they aren't afraid to be themselves. I really need to go to the next sd event. Wish I could have gone to the sushi one. For a sushi place I'm sure you were not overdressed at all. Cold Sake sounds great.

    ReplyDelete