So many things to do...
A mountain, a veritable legion, of legal paperwork by Friday...
Deliver a couple products...
Piles and piles of laundry...
Housecleaning galore...
Two doctors appointments in two days...
Monitoring M's loose poops...
Organizing every corner of my unorganized house...
Keeping everyone happy all the time...
A fledgling Diet Coke addiction to squelch...
And a murder to plan...
Well, not that last one. But may as well throw it on the pile, right?
It's one of those days when I think it's all going to just go or maybe I will give up and let it go or maybe I will put on my big girl panties and see what I can do.
I did have my Darling Husband get me some Peppermint Mocha Coffee Mate so I can make it through the morning. Because what else do I have to look forward to?
Some days I get really tired of multitasking, I get tired of doing it all. But I guess this is just how it rolls, right? I think it was part of the thing about deciding to stay home and raise my kids. I am so grateful for that, but why did everyone make it sound so easy. This is NOT easy. The Domestic Goddess part. What part of this is goddess-like? When do I get to eat candy and sit around? It is Halloween so I guess it's ok. But damn, it's Halloween, do you know what that means??
THE START OF THE HOLIDAY CRAPFEST THAT IS CALLED GO-TIME!
It start's with JJs birthday, then the aforementioned Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then M's birthday, the Christmas, then MY birthday (whatever that means) then New Years, then Jim's birthday. All before the end of Jan! Throw in a couple other birthdays and maybe an out of town visitor or two, sheesh!
Oh and I have a business to run and try to build, which I would very much like to do.
Oh and I have my husbands schedule to work around, which is fine, but it's not consistent and those damn babysitters rape you!
I know, I know.
Just plan your work and work your plan. Right.
What if you can't think straight enough to make a plan in the first place?
I feel slightly ahead of the game b/c I can see my calendar from here. Does that count? But those 5 Weekends in Oct didn't help me. Were they supposed to?
I run my life one week at a time, maybe 2 if I'm lucky. And I feel like I'm in a 12-step program most of the time... One day at a time. If I can just get through today, then I can do tomorrow.
AND the Diet Coke I once abhorred, I now love. I am sad about this. It doesn't taste that great - but the no calories thing is a bonus and it doesn't seem to make me wired like a 16 year old on Red Bull when I drink it. And it goes down so smooth. *sigh* Perhaps I will just give in. Isn't it supposed to kill me though? Oh wait, everything is supposed to kill me. Alllright.
OK, so I know I can do this.
I can get done what I need to with the trusty aide of my smart phone and a couple to do lists. I can make breakfast and get going out of the house in the morning and be ON TIME for Dr. appt #1. I will not give up. I will overcome. I will make those dishes in my sink my bitch. I will make the laundry my bitch. I will get my Bible study homework done. I will watch my TiVo'd episode of Glee. I will wipe M's booty about 5 times tomorrow and be a patient momma the whole time.
Someone told me not to pray for patience but for Mercy and Grace. So I started doing it. And it helps. Like, when I want to kill the Darling Husband b/c he's a moron, I say, "Dear God, please give me grace and mercy to understand that he can't help his retardedness." Try it. It helps.
Have fun storming the castle.
No comments:
Post a Comment