The power of the positive attitude.
Is awesome if you know how to get it.
That is MY eternal quest, to combat the pos with the neg and to always stay in the pos even when i really want to be in the neg.
Fear is so powerful. Who knew it could be so controlling and debilitating.
It's true you know, you can be controlled by fears, even little ones. It doesn't have to be the fear of leaving your house or of people or of car crashes or of flies. It can be fear of failure or rejection or of really being the dummy you're afraid you are.
How do you overcome fear?
Face it.
And... how would you do that?
Who knows.
Life is perception.
How you perceive your world and what happens to you or around you will determine how you respond or react to it.
Stop and think, what are the top 5 most horrible things that could ever happen to you?
Death of my husband or my kids
Crazy earthquake that causes CA to fall into the ocean
Aliens come down and decimate the earth
Suffering a horrible death way too young or losing an appendage
Being destitute and living out of my car
And what are the actual REAL chances those things could happen?
Plausible but remote. Honestly. i spose those things *could* happen, but the possibility is in reality pretty remote.
And that is my top 5, so why should I care and let control me, the other 537 things that I'm afraid of?
What will happen if X doesn't happen? Will I die? Prob not.
Will I be sad and/or uncomfortable? Most likely.
But at one time it was uncomfortable to walk, I would have rather crawled, but i did it.
At one time I was uncomfortable putting on my own clothes, but I did it.
At one time, I was uncomfortable doing my laundry or cooking or taking a shower or driving but I did it and now it's no big deal.
Challenges used to be exciting to me. So why are they so awful now?
Maybe that's what needs to be remembered, it's a challenge, see if you can conquer it.
Remember that there are good things everywhere in everything.
People are pulling for you everywhere.
Just keep going! Keep climbing!
Turn EVERY negative into a POSITIVE in your brain.
Someone cuts you off... at least I'm in a hurry like *that*.
Someone is mean to you... at least I have love in my heart to help others instead of hurt them.
Someone confuses you... thank you for my clear thinking.
Someone angers you... why? Are you not getting what you want or did they hurt your feelings or are they being stubborn? You can find another way.
Perception.
Life is hard. It sucks sometimes. But there are positives everywhere. You have to realize them and focus on them. Then the negs just... float.... away......
Thank you God for giving me the power to remain calm in the face of turmoil. Thank you for the power to love instead of hate. Thank you for giving me challenges to rejoice in, in order to create perseverance and character and hope (Rom 5:3-5). Thank you for your love.
No comments:
Post a Comment