It was in conjunction with America Recycles Day and I was there for my Mary Kay business because MK does a lot of earth friendly packaging, as well as recycling programs involving planting trees and giving back to the community to encourage outdoor activities, especially for women and children who are victims of domestic violence.
So anyway, I met this wonderful couple who own a phenomenal business with products to make your life "greener". It's called Eco Green Monster! Great, huh?!
I visited their booth. There was a bit of "down" time as it wasn't super crowded and they were one of the few other merch vendors there. Awesome people, really.
But one of the products that caught my eye was the E.G.G.: Ethylene Gas Grabber!
![]() |
| Ta Da!!!!! |
The premise is that fruit and veggies emit Ethylene Gas that causes food to ripen and spoil. This is a fact. So these little beauties absorb that gas, thereby keeping your produce fresher, longer.
And I kid you not, this is NO JOKE. THESE SUCKERS WORK.
Like I said, I bought a pack of 2 E.G.G.s in November, came home and put them in the fridge right away (even though I didn't have any fruit or veggies. Don't judge.). I also purchased at the time, a pack of refills, which was 4 sets (8 total). So this will last me 1 YEAR AND 3 MONTHS! Since the packets last 3 months, and a set already came with the E.G.G.s.
So the next week, I got some fruit and veg. The first thing I noticed, I put a cut apple in the drawer with one of the E.G.G.s, and again, I kid you not, that apple barely browned (not more than when I put it in) AND AND after 2 days, it was NOT mushy.
Did you hear that people?! IT WAS NOT MUSHY!!!!
Totally just skinned it and cut it like it was out of bowl, and still sweet and yummy!
I almost did a freaking dance.
Over the past few months, I have put many a cut fruit in the drawers and they would last for a week - no baggie or anything. Even new veg that are in the package - lettuce, spinach, a tomato in the produce bag - for not less than a week, and even in the bag, the greens didn't brown and were crisp and tasty. And that tomato, I think I got it 2 weeks ago (don't judge) and pulled it out tonight and cut it, seeded it, chopped it, and it was 100% fine.
AMAZING!
I have saved so much $ so far, I know. I would toss out tons of cut fruit that didn't get eaten or lettuce I bought and didn't even crack the bag, and it turned and was gross. Those days are loooooong gone.
People, this is the find of the century, to me. If you have kids, or not. If you are single, or not. And especially if you are trying to eat healthy but get all bummed out b/c the fresh fruit and veg spoil so fast and who can eat THAT much stuff THAT fast - then THIS is for you.
Almost forgot the best part - they are $10. WHAT?!
The E.G.G.s are not listed on the Eco Green Monster site, but I daresay that if you sent them a NOTE they would help you out. They are a super awesome couple! I even saw them at another street fair and went and said Hi and they remembered me *eee!* and were, again, super nice!
They have several other fantastic products too! Acyrlic Cups, Porcelin Cups, Reuseable bags, Stainless Steel water bottles, all at reasonable prices.
And you know I love a local business! Support locally, grow locally.
I am not getting any compensation for this - I just really really think this is an awesome product and the peeps at Eco Green Monster are rad. You can follow on Twitter at @EcoGreenMonster and they go to several of the local farm markets too. Their schedule is HERE.
Get your E.G.G. today and SAVE!!!!

Sounds like a great product. I always end up having to throw out old fruit. Will definitely follow ecogreenmonster on twitter. Thanks for the recommendation Meagan
ReplyDeleteThanks!! I swear these things work!
ReplyDelete