Monday, January 17, 2011

Ya gotta have faith....

You ever have one of those days when you try really really hard to just keep your thoughts straight and happy?

I got a crazy phone call today. 

And it's been hard to keep my mind clear.

I drift back to the what if's and whozits and whatzits...

My tolerance/patience level is automatically lower.  I am more on edge.
I want this to be no big deal.  But between my mom coming to visit and all the preparations for that, and now this?  I'm having a hard time keeping balanced.

This call didn't have a number (withheld) and didn't leave a call back number on the message left.
The caller said they would call back.  But when?  If ever.
I am not left hanging.  Again.  Not in a good way. 
So I have to control these emotions I have and thoughts I have while taking care of business at home.

I am praying a lot, and remembering that I am a child of God.
He is in control of my life and I am resting in Him. 
I don't need to worry or be scared or confused or sad.  I know that He's at my side and on my side. 

One of those things where I have to dig deep to get through it. 
But I can.  I have weapons in my arsenal now that will help me. 
I can win this battle. 

This is not the only battle I have right now.  There are a couple major ones.
But I am taking the steps to arm and protect myself against these.
I am LUCKY to be able to do this.
I am THANKFUL I know the knowledge and courage to do this.
I will be a better person and mother after fighting these fights.


Dear God,
Please watch over me and keep me safe today.  Give me the mercy to forgive others as you have forgiven me.  Bring Peace to my heart as I face the challenges ahead of me in the coming weeks and let the Holy Spirit guide me.  Thank you for your love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment