Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Got me some Nook-ie!

At the risk of overblogging -
I have to share some simply sensational news! 

I PURCHASED A  NOOKCOLOR FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

I will wait while you get back into your chairs and stop screaming jealous epitaphs my way... hee hee!

And let me just say, that while I am not being paid to share this info (perhaps I should and so should my friend Danette at Olive + Hope for enlightening me to all the wonderful perks the Nook has to offer), I still freaking love this thing!


The potential is definitely there, and with the reported coming addition of an app store in the 1st Quarter this year, I'm hooked. 

I debated between the Kindle and the NookColor. 
The main advantage was the color option at first, then I got the low down on what the NookColor can do. 
Here are one highlights...
  • Read books (duh)
  • Touchscreen!
  • Play games - loaded is chess, crosswords, sodoku
  • PANDORA
  • Web browisng - no flash player available yet, but things like YouTube and general sites work fine.  
  • Social Media - FB and Twitter!  I admit, it's a big laggy and slow, and I need to get a hootsuite or seesmic type site hooked up.  
  • Kids books generally have audio!  Sweet!
  • LendMe Technology where you can share books between friends with NookColors!  Fun!
  • Per Danette - you can rent books from the library!  Haven't totally figured this out yet - but I plan on it! 
  • You can look up words you don't know instantly!  Very good for my simple minded self.
There are more - and it's only been a week or so of actual usage time - but I really do like it!!!! 
I see huge advantages over the Kindle - in terms of flexibility of usage and multitasking.  I find it hard to purchase a pricey piece of technology that can only do 1 thing... I need maximum bang for my buck!
I will keep all 2 of you updated as I continue to explore and utilize my new toy!

I love frivolous birthday spending!!!  Thanks to Mom and Grandma Rosie for the fundage!  Cha-ching!

3 comments:

  1. So happy you are loving it! I forgot to tell you about the ability to look up definitions on the spot! One of my favorite things... I'm such a nerd. I still haven't figured out how to the public library thing, or how to add you for the lendme feature...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have to sync it to my google mail acct, which I don't think I've done yet (WiFi acting up as well). And since I haven't acutally purchased any books yet, not sure you wanna Lend w/ me. ;)

    ReplyDelete