Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My brain... is... tired....

Oh man -
Baby's up at 430 this morning... ick.
I am tired - basically that's when i was up too and didn't go back to sleep.
Trying to remember to do everything I need to do today, but it's hard.

My GG leader came over today b/c yours truly will be leading bible study this week!
Yup, little innocent me.

Luke 3
Who would want to be ranted at? Who did John the Baptist think he was? Oh, yea, Jesus's homie. I guess he can do that. It says he heard God's word in the desert. I guess that would make anyone crabby.
But how do they respond? They want to IMPROVE!
If someone yells at me, I don't usually want to do that. i want to yell back.

Be Generous, share.
Be nice - ethical and have integrity (what?!).
Be happy with what you have (shouldn't I want more?)

I paraphrase my pastor here, but it's worth paraphrasing on the edge of plagerising, I think.
I don't want to share, I don't want to be nice and I sure as heck don't want to be happy with 'What i have'. But, if you say so, God.

is this the path to developing good character? are these the first steps.
These show me that i have to think BEYOND myself - - - hmm.
In such a self centered world, isn't that not what i want to do. It's so easy to worry about me. I don't want to give to others. I want them to give to me.
2Peter 1:3-9
faith, goodness, knowledge, self control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, love.

In that order - So take care of me first (yea) then take care of others. These are skills... all skills need to be developed.

Ok, I'll work on it.

PS - excuse the grammatical errors... I tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment